Saturday, June 20, 2009

Found a house!

So I finally got to take a house hunting trip up to Northern Texas where we will be living soon. I was really nervous and scared that I wouldn't like it. I already have my Mom and sister giving me a hard time for moving away in the first place. So that didn't really help. It reminded me of my hometown in Kentucky and it felt so homey. The people there are very nice and friendly. Here you'll get flipped off for looking at someone the wrong way! So that is a major plus! I'm even considering letting my kids go to school there instead of homeschooling. I would definitely home school where I'm currently living. So that opens up future options for our child's education which is nice to have options.

We got there on a Sunday with a list of approximately 20 houses we wanted to see. It was pretty overwhelming and I was scared we wouldn't find something or have enough time to see them all before I had to come back to Louisiana. We met our realator at 8:30am. We soon found out that there were only 13 of the 20 houses still on the market. I was kind of relived believe it or not. So we looked at all the 13 houses by 12pm! We were done by lunch time! Some of the houses you just walk into and it just didn't feel right. We narrowed it down to 4 houses, but I fell in LOVE with one in particular. 3 of the 4 were in a town about 25 minutes from town. It was kind of run down town with a train track that you had to wait on. I really didn't want to live there. I want something close to town so I can just run to the grocery store when I need something. So the house I fell in love with won. My husband had seen it 3 weeks ago and he loved it. I honeslty didn't think I would, but I did. So at about 3pm we called her back and put in an offer. We got a counter offer and accepted and now we are just waiting for closing since we went FHA loan which can take up to 45 days to complete.

So it's a really nice house on a little more than half an acre of land. It has 3bd and 2bath. The house itself is about 1700 sq. ft. which is all we need. We are coming from a single wide trailer after all! 1200 sq. ft. tops! So this is a big step for us. I couldn't be more excited! A new kitty, a new house, and a new baby all in one year! WOW!

2 comments: