Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Slow day

So here I am sitting at home with not much else to do. Sound good to some of you? I'm sure it does. It did once to me to. Let me fill you in on my life thus far. I'll start right after high school and don't worry I'll keep it short. So I had high ambitions thru out school. As I'm sure many did. But I also had a strong desire to experience life. So instead of taking my scholorship to college I decided to get out into the workfoce. I worked since I was 15 and loved it. Need I say I thought my scholorship was good for year, but it was not. So yes I lost it and yes I regret it.
So I found a job at a restraunt as a waitress. It was a great way for me to meet alot of people quickly. All my freinds moved away after high school and I was left all alone :( Poor me right? So all the contact with different kinds of poeple was great for me. I learned alot and for a while it was fun! I dated some really interesting people, partied alot (although I never did drugs or got really wasted), and enjoyed life. But I must say it got old fast! Me and my sister moved into our own appartment, which was one of my goals for continueing work after graduation instead of school. To move out of our mothers home and be own our own.... wow. It was a rush!

It was 3 years since graduation. I was 21. I found the man of dreams and we got married. We were finally able to afford our own home. Although it is a mobil home, it is our home. It's actually quite nice, we were able to design it ourselves and everything. Life just kept coming at me fast. I finally decided it was time to go to college. I wasn't getting any younger. But now I have bills to pay and have to keep working. So I took about 2 classes a semester. 4 classes a year. Again all the people I started with were gone and done by the time I even was considered a sophmore! Well, that was in 2004. Between hurricanes and evacuations and bills I still have my 2 final years left to go. I'm so impatient though!

I couldn't stand my waitressing job anymore. Management had changed twice and it wasn't fun anymore. It was nerve racking! I cried in my car everynight before I would get home and pretend it was all okay. My hubby knew better though and offered me to quit my job. It was hard to leave even with all the unfair treatment I was getting at work, but I took my hubby up on his offer and quit my job. I worked since I was 15 at different jobs. This particular job I had worked at for almost 8 years. It was hard to "not work". I picked up more classes and got further ahead. Realize also I had to take 6 remeidial courses that didn't even count to my degree. So that made the journey even more slower!

Well here I am today. I found myself bored with just school. There wasn't much a challenge anymore. So I picked up a side job to do after classes. Grant it my hubby works one week on and one week off. He's away from home when he works. So I see him every other week for 7 days straight. So there were times I pulled late nights when he was gone, just to fill in the time I guess. Well the last huricaine "Gustave" flooded my work and the building I was taking my classes in. So I had to drop out the semester and I lost my job! Geeze!

I could have restarted school this semester, but my hubby will be promoted soon and we will be moving to another state. The date is not set in stone, so I didn't want to start a semster just to drop out! Same goes with a job. I don't want to start and have to quit right away. So here I am stuck at home bored.... hence the title "My humble life". My days are filled with housework and keeping my 5 cats and my dog occupied. That's why I thought a blog might give me something to "fill the time". Maybe something interesting topic will come to mind and I can write about it. Or maybe nothing at all will happen.... and I can write about that to lol. Well until next time l8a.

No comments:

Post a Comment