Thursday, February 26, 2009

Another day

Yea, so it's just another day around here. Hubby is home. He is watching his "Judge Judy" right now. I can't pry him away from her! So thought I'd come in here and write a little. Not much really going on the last couple days. We visited the in-laws last night to let them know that we are moving. I know my husband is slow in spreading the news. My family has been knowing for a month now. He just hates to see his mom cry. She took the news well though. We'll only be 5 hours away anways. It's not like we are moving cross country or anything.
I started looking at homes online. I have a list of about 7 that I would like to see. I guess we'll actually start looking at them physically in 3 weeks from now. I'm so excited, I just hope we can get into a house we really like. We live in a trailer right now, so a house is a big deal. Also it is more up north so our families can evacuate to our house now during hurricanes. It's so hard on all of us when we have to evacuate. There is the stress of gathering up your pets, gas expenses, hotel expenses, long hours on the road, and you would actually be lucky if you DO find a vacant hotel room. There were many times me and hubby had to sleep in our tiny car (a coupe) with 5 cats and a dog in the outter rings of the hurricane and the car rocking in the storm! Not fun. So I'm excited that I can now offer a safe place for family to go during a hurricane. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment